Tuesday 20 August 2013

Review of the Zucchini Muffin Recipe

 

Zucchini Muffin Recipe

 
1 egg white
pinch salt
whisk egg whites till frothy but not peaked

add 1/2 tsp baking powder + any spices you want
add your Ideal Protein packet of choice
add 1 cup (from raw) lightly sautéed shredded zucchini 

Bake in muffin tins 350 F for 15-20 min. 
Make 3-4 regular-sized muffins
 

Review

I've made these muffins many times.  I have tried them with different Ideal Protein packets, including milk chocolate and dark pudding, cappuccino drink, butterscotch pudding, and combinations of them when making double-batches.
 
All of the drink and pudding combinations result in wonderful muffins!  The texture is a bit different than a regular muffin (not as doughy), and varies depending on how long you bake them.    I find them moist and tasty.  They are very portable, which is really nice if you are travelling and need to get those veggies in.  I also like that I can grab almost any drink or pudding packet, and make some muffins!  I've even used the ready-to-eat chocolate pudding, which made them even more moist.
 
The yield is 3 fairly large muffins, or, like in the picture above, 6 mini-muffins.  I find this a large and satisfying quantity of food for one packet and 1 cup of vegetables.
 
I've also drizzled these in a bit of Walden Farms pancake syrup (like in the picture) to jazz them up a little bit more.

 LittleStar's Rating: 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment