Fluffy Potato Rolls Recipe
Ingredients1 Ideal Protein Potato Puree
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
1 pinch sage
1 pinch garlic powder
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch thyme
1 pinch chives
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Beat egg whites until foamy, but not stiff
- Add in Ideal Protein Potato Puree packet, herbs, sea salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Spray cupcake pan with Pam
- Spoon batter into cupcake pan, filling up each hole about 1/2 to 3/4 full
- Spray top of each roll with 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' (optional)
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, until golden brown with bread consistency.
- Serve and enjoy. Makes 3-4 rolls
ReviewBread!! Yummy! These look amazing on the pictures, and I was really looking forward to dipping them into the Golden Goddess Soup (http://idealproteinrecipesandfoodreviews.blogspot.ca/2013/08/review-of-golden-goddess-soup.html) that I had made.
When I made these, the only deviation from the recipe was the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. I didn't have any, but still wanted to golden brown top. So I sprayed the tops with a bit of Pam.
These rolls smelled, looked, and felt like the real thing. When I broke one open, the garlic, chives and thyme smell was wonderful. They looked fluffy on the inside, crusty on the outside.
The roll tasted really good! They were a bit dry, so I wouldn't recommend them completely on their own. But dipped in soup, they were wonderful. I could also see them being great for sliders, with roasted vegetables, with sliced steak and mushrooms, and so many other combinations. They are a great alternative to bread. I also really like that I got 4 good sized buns, or could have made 3 larger ones.
I will definitely be making these again, perhaps trying different herbs for some variation.