Saturday 5 October 2013

Review of the Potato Pancakes Recipe




 

Potato Pancakes Recipe


Ingredients

1 Ideal Protein Potato Puree
1 egg
1 tsp baking powder
1 pinch white pepper
1 pinch thyme
1 pinch oregano
1/4 tsp. sea salt
Pam spray

Directions

  1. Mix all the ingredients together in a shaker (let sit for 3 mins)
  2. Heat pan and spray with Pam
  3. Pour batter into pan (making pancake shaped portions)
  4. Cook until you can flip them
  5. Serve and enjoy.  Makes 3-4 pancakes

Review

I am always amazed at the creative recipes for the different package of Ideal Protein food.  When I saw the picture with this recipe, I knew I had to try it.  The potato pancakes look amazing!

First thing to mention is, do not use the ball in the shaker!!  What was I thinking...  so letting sit for 3 minutes was actually trying to get the dough out of the ball.  Once I got it out, it was quite thick, and not something that I could pour into the pan, per the instructions.  So I formed into ball with my finger and flattened into the pan.  Quite messy, and a bit frustrating since I felt like I was wasting some of it (I like eating every last crumb!).

Once in the pan, they did fry up nicely, a lovely brown colour on the outside.  First bite, delicious!  These are really good!  I may have overcooked a little bit, afraid that the middle would not be cooked.  I added a few drops of hot sauce, and dipped in Walden Farms Ketchup.  Fabulous!!


LittleStar's Rating:




2 comments:

  1. I added a chopped onion and thinned the batter way down with water. Just mixed with a spoon in a bowl. Cooked them in a cast iron pan with coconut oil. They came out thin, crisp, and delicious. Thanks Anne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Souds delicious, Angela! And the chopped onions sound like a good addition.

      Delete