Thursday 3 October 2013

Review of the Pumpkin Spice Zucchini Muffins



Pumpkin Spice Zucchini Muffin Recipe

For this review, I made two types of muffins.  The first batch was made using the Ideal Protein vanilla pudding package, and the second batch was made using the Ideal Protein butterscotch pudding package.  I also added 3/4 tsp of pumpkin spice.

Other than those changes, I used the recipe I have previously reviewed:

http://idealproteinrecipesandfoodreviews.blogspot.ca/2013/08/review-of-zucchini-muffin-recipe.html


Review

The smell coming from the oven was heavenly!  The smell of pumpkin spices mixed with butterscotch and vanilla was getting me really excited to try these muffin.  When I pulled them out, I was surprised at how similar they looked.  I expected the butterscotch muffin to be much darker than the vanilla ones, but they looked very similar, a beautiful golden brown.

The first bite I took was of the Pumpkin Spice Butterscotch Zucchini Muffin.  It was unbelievable.  The mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, and other pumpkin spices jumped out at me, followed by the butterscotch flavour that was really highlighted by the spices.

My second bite was disappointing.  The Pumpkin Spice Vanilla Zucchini Muffin did not taste good.  The vanilla combined with the pumpkin spices gave the muffins an odd taste, and did nothing to highlight the lovely flavour of the vanilla pudding.  I could also really taste the zucchini, which was not pleasant in the company of the other flavours.

I continued to eat both muffins, and definitely confirmed my first bites.  The butterscotch was the right combination with the pumpkin spices and the zucchini.

Both recipes yielded two large muffins (could have easily made 3 smaller ones) and the muffins were moist.  This seems to be the case with this recipe regardless of the type of Ideal Protein pudding packet that is used.


LittleStar's Rating:

Pumpkin Spice Butterscotch Zucchini Muffin 



Pumpkin Spice Vanilla Zucchini Muffin






No comments:

Post a Comment